This vegan chili recipe is a home run when it comes to vegan dinner ideas. Packed with protein, this vegan chili is one of the most flavorful vegan dinners out there. What I love most of all about this recipe is that its a hardy vegan chili that can be changed up slightly to fit your taste buds. Furthermore, If you’re a big fan of spicy vegan dinners, you can triple the chili and cumin powder (making it 1 Tablespoon) consequently heating it up to your delight.
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 4 garlic minced
- 1 6oz can of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can black beans
- 1 quart 32 oz of vegetable broth or water
- 1 sweet potato peeled and medium dice
- 1 Cup Dry Quinoa
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado
- 1 cilantro or chives for garnish
- First things step is to gather all of your ingredients, measure them and then portion them out.
- Next, go ahead and cut all of your veggies until they are small pieces.
- Now get a large soup pot ready and pour in your olive oil.
- Add in your onions until they are nice and caramelized. You do this by keeping the pot at a medium heat and stirring enough until they are cooked evenly. You are looking for a nice brown color, therefore you'll want to give it about 10 minutes.
- Now that your onions are caramelized you can add in your garlic. Cook your garlic until it becomes fragrant.
- Then add in your tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, in addition to salt and pepper.
- Mix your spices with the onions and garlic, then add the beans, veggie stock, and potatoes.
- This is the perfect time to taste your soon to be chili, go ahead and add in a little more salt and pepper if you think it could use a little more. If you are a chili powder lover you should consequently add a little more for flavor here.
- After about 5 or 7 minutes (once the liquid in your chili is nice and warm) add in your quinoa and give it a good stir. The quinoa will take about 15-30 minutes to therefore your sweet potatoes should be nice and tender by the time they are done.
- 10. If your chili seems like its too thick, you can even it out by simply adding more vegetable broth or water.
- 11. Garnish with avocado and cilantro.
Add any vegan hot sauce if ya like it spicy!
More amazing vegan recipes! Here