These roasted acorn squash vegan pancakes are the perfect mix of sweet and savory. Is it breakfast? Is it dinner? Who care’s. It’s delicious. Since the popularity of acorn squash has arose, I like to make it into savory vegan pancakes. And since I love this vegan recipe so much, I know you will too… When it comes to vegan pancake recipes, this vegan pancake recipe is a double stack of goodness. Vegan Pancake Mix
- 1-2 acorn squash seasoned and roasted 2 cups worth
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 shallot small dice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 vegan egg I prefer the flax egg
- 1/3 cup maple suryp
- First things first get all of your ingredients measured until they are all appropriately portioned out .
- Roasting your acorn squash will take about 45 minutes to an hour. To do this cut the squash in half and remove the seeds until they are all gone. Score the inside and season with a little oil, salt and pepper. Put the squash in a 400 degree oven.
- Once the acorn squash are out of the oven are are easy to handle scoop the flesh out and place into a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Next saute the shallots in a bit of oil until slightly soft.
- After that, put all of your dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Then add all of your other ingredients into the bowl and combine.
- Heat up your go to pancake pan then add in your pancake mix.
- After they are all cooked up garnish with some chives, fruit or maple syrup.
- PS. The flax egg: 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed and 3 tablespoons of water.
Vegan Pancakes - With Roasted Acorn