Vegan Stir Fry
Make vegan stir fry in just minutes. This is one of my vegan dinner ideas.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ½ inch ginger minced
- 3 garlic minced
- 4 scallions sliced
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup snow peas
- ¼ cup water chestnuts
- 1 can baby corn
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Hoisin
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- soy sauce
- sambal ganish
- Get all of your ingredients together. Any variety of vegetables can be added to your desire.
Go ahead and cook your rice or noodles according to the instructions on the package usually between 20-40 mins or with a rice cooker.
- I like to par-steam my vegetables and then do a quick saute on them to finish cooking them.
- When I saute them that is when I add my ginger, garlic and scallions. Also, the vegetables that I cannot steam like the water chestnuts.
- Add in your hoisin, rice vinegar and soy sauce to season your vegetables. Taste and adjust seasoning. I like extra ginger in my stir fry/ lo mein.
- Now that you have your veggies nice and hot add them to your rice or noodles and top with a little scallion and sambal.
Since the two are so similar, the vegan stir fry can also be made into a lo mien. By substituting the rice for noodles, this vegan dinner recipe is not only fun, quick and easy but also versatile.