The Vegan Sandwich with Tofu
Vegan Chef Adrian Bruce does it again with this vegan sandwich recipe. We all know how to throw together a sandwich but as Chef Bruce shows here its all about the seasonings when it comes to that tofu.
- 1 block extra firm tofu pressed
- ¼ - ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Toasted bread
- Make your marinade. Take all but the tofu and mix it together.
- Adjust your seasoning.
- I like to slice my tofu into slabs. Basically I cut the tofu in half then cut ¼- ½ inch pieces.
- Place the tofu into a Ziploc and cover with the marinade. Let it sit for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Grill them up when you are ready and place on a sandwich with whatever toppings you like.
These are a great way to start your day and are also good for lunch or dinner too. I eat these after my workouts and they are super filling.